Anodyne® Therapy - Clinically Proven Results
Anodyne® Therapy is medical device that emits infrared light at a wavelength of 890 nm, and can be applied to any area of the body. Anodyne® Therapy is indicated by the US FDA to temporarily increase circulation and reduce pain, stiffness and muscle spasm. There are over 6,000 US Anodyne® Therapy Providers, and by adding Anodyne® Therapy to a plan of care, Healthcare Providers are better able to address the source of many types of acute and chronic pain, instead of just treating the symptoms. The Anodyne® Therapy Systems have been prescribed and used by over 20,000 doctors and therapists - who trust its clinical effectiveness. Clinical applications include (but are not limited to) treatment of: acute pain/injuries, chronic pain and or poor circulation in the extremities caused by chemotherapy, diabetes, vascular diseases, etc, muscle spasm and muscle stiffness.
The data is compelling.
In addition to an extensive amount of published evidence on the effects of infrared therapy devices with similar wavelengths (810-940nm), there have been 13 published peer reviewed studies demonstrating positive effects for Anodyne® Therapy Systems specifically!
Our largest study, involving 2239 patients was published in the Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications (2006). This study demonstrated a mean 67% pain reduction after a clinical treatment program involving Anodyne® Therapy4.
Another study involving 493 patients, examining changes in pain levels of lower extremity pain (Diabetic and Non-Diabetic), was published in the journal of Practical Pain Management (2007). This study demonstrated a 64% reduction in pain. Furthermore, this study reported that 51% of patients studied were able to reduce their use of pain medications1.
It's effective for pain relief because it works through the local release of Nitric Oxide.
Clinical Research has linked Nitric Oxide with:
- Increases in local circulation2
- Reduction of pain3
- Reduction in inflammation6
- Collagen synthesis8
Researchers have discovered that near infrared light increases the release of nitric oxide (NO) from hemoglobin and myoglobin with resulting positive biocellular response5.Nitric oxide has been studied for many years, however, interest has peaked in the last 10-15 years as a result of the discovery of nitric oxide's role as a signaling mechanism in the human body - with the researchers receiving The Nobel Prize in Physiology in 1998.
In addition to the regulation of the processes noted above, nitric oxide plays a very important role in the vascular system and is also known as 'the endothelium derived relaxing factor'. When nitric oxide is released it stimulates the endothelial lining of both arterial and venous blood vessels, causing vasodilation2. In addition, as Ferrieira et al. discuss, nitric oxide also plays a direct role in pain relief3.
Nitric oxide is particularly significant for people with diabetes. In their paper 'Nitric Oxide and Diabetic Complications', Traub and Van Bibber note that "nitric oxide metabolism and vascular responsiveness to nitric oxide are altered in diabetics", and conclude that, "patients with diabetes may benefit from therapeutic agents that target nitric oxide pathways7."
Treatment typically begins with an individual assessment of the patient's functional limitations and a plan of care is then designed to help them reach their goals. A treatment program typically consists of 10-24 therapy sessions, and may include some of the following:
- Anodyne® Therapy 30 minutes 3x per week
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Dynamic and static balance exercises
- Massage and other therapeutic modalities for pain
Anodyne® Therapy is indicated by the US FDA to temporarily increase circulation and reduce pain, stiffness and muscle spasm. It has been used safely for over 12 years on hundreds of thousands of patients. Anodyne® Therapy should not be used directly over an active malignancy or over the womb of a pregnant woman. With increased activities during therapy, patients should always monitor their blood sugars carefully. There are no known drug interactions or side effects, other than a slight risk of a superficial burn if therapy protocols and precautions are not followed.
Will your patients require ongoing treatment?
Patients with an acute injury or problem, more than likely, will not require ongoing treatments. Since there is no known cure for the conditions that contribute to chronic extremity pain or circulatory impairment, these patients will require ongoing treatments. The comprehensive care provided by Anodyne® Therapy Providers gives each patient a jump-start towards improving their condition. There are two systems available for patient home use, the Freedom 300 and the Model 120. With affordable financing options offered for both systems, most everyone can afford to continue their treatments at home.
- Burke. "Infrared photo energy may reduce neuropathic pain." Practical Pain Management 7.6 (2007): 57-63. Print.
- Cohen. "The role of nitric oxide and other endothelial-derived vasoactive substances in vascular disease." Progress In Cardiovascular Disease 38.2 (1995): 105-28. Pub Med. Web. 5 Nov. 2009.
- Ferreira, Duarte, Lorenzetti. "The molecular mechanism of action of peripheral morphine analgesia: stimulation of the cGMP system via nitric oxide release." European Journal of Pharmacology 201 (1991): 121-22. Pub Med. Web. 10 Nov. 2009.
- Harkless, DeLellis, Carnagie, and Burke. "Improved foot sensitivity and pain reduction in patients with peripheral neuropathy after treatment with MIRE." Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications 20.2 (2009): 81-87. Print.
- Lohr et al. "Enhancement of nitric oxide release from nitrosyl hemoglobin and nitrosyl myoglobin by red/near infrared radiation." Journal of Molecular Cellular Biology 26.5 (2009): 433-42. Pub Med. Web. 5 Nov. 2009.
- Moilanen, and Vapaatalo. "Nitric Oxide in Inflammation and Immune Response." Ann Med 27.3 (1995): 359-67. Pub Med. Web. 8 Nov. 2009.
- Traud, and Van Bibber. "The Role of Nitric Oxide in Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus - Related Vascular Complications." The Western Journal of Medicine 162.5 (1995): 439-45. Print.
- White, Thornton, Efron, and Barbul. "Enhancement of Fibroblast Synthesis By Nitric Oxide." Nitric Oxide 4.6 (2000): 572-82. Pub Med. Web. 5 Nov. 2009. Print.
- Ziche, M., and L. Morbidelli.
Journal of Neuro-Oncology 50.1-2 (2004): 139-48. SpringerLink. Web. 11 Nov. 2009.
Imagine your life without pain. There is hope...
Although it may be hard to imagine at this point, you don't have to settle for a life consumed by pain. Since its introduction in 1994, Anodyne® Therapy has transformed the lives of many thousands of people just like you. Anodyne® Therapy can help you get back to the things that make life special. Due to decreased pain, Anodyne® Therapy patients report improved sleep, greater independence and overall improved quality of life.
What is Anodyne® Therapy?
Anodyne® Therapy is an Infrared Light Therapy device that is applied in direct skin contact to any area of the body. Anodyne® Therapy is indicated by the US FDA to temporarily increase circulation and reduce pain, stiffness and muscle spasm. It has been prescribed and used by over 20,000 doctors and therapists who trust its clinical effectiveness. Best of all, Anodyne® Therapy is drug-free and has no side effects.
How does Anodyne® Therapy work on pain?
Anodyne® Therapy works both directly and indirectly to relieve pain, and is easily applied wherever you may have pain. For patients with an acute injury or condition, Anodyne® Therapy helps to decrease pain, reduce stiffness and muscle spasm and increase circulation directly to the affected area of your body. Some chronic diseases and conditions can limit blood flow to the tiny vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the nerves in your peripherals - arms, hands, legs, and feet - resulting in pain. Anodyne® Therapy treatments increase circulation by dilating these vessels, which indirectly reduces pain caused by lack of blood flow.
Will the pain stay away?
If you have an acute or temporary problem, more than likely, you will not require ongoing treatments. If you have a chronic condition causing your pain or circulatory problem, clinical treatment with Anodyne® Therapy will not be a cure, but rather a an ongoing treatment for your condition. Affordable Anodyne® home systems are available for continuing pain relief in the privacy and comfort of your home.
You can join the many thousands of Anodyne®Therapy Patients!
"I have been taking Anodyne treatments since March of 2005. I was in severe pain at night. After several treatments for 3 months, my pain decreased by 80%, and I got some of my life back. I now use my home unit once every 4 days, and my pain is virtually gone, and I now get a good night's sleep. I am now back as a volunteer at a local senior center about 30 hours per week."
- J.B., Atlanta, GA
"Using Anodyne Therapy has been a miracle for me. The pain is gone and I am sleeping through the night again. I am no longer using a cane to walk and I have started driving again! I feel like I have my life back. Last month, I even went on a cruise! I feel blessed to have found Anodyne Therapy, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has chronic pain that is affecting their quality of life."
- R.F., Seminole, FL
"I just want to thank you. My mother has suffered from painful legs and feet for years. Nothing we've tried has made a difference until now. Since she started Anodyne Therapy, she has been able to completely stop the medications she was taking and finally get some sleep at night. It's a true miracle."
- S. M.C., Huntington Beach, CA
Make Anodyne® Therapy your choice for pain relief.
- Does your pain make sleeping, walking or exercising difficult?
- Have you given up activities like shopping or visiting loved ones?
- Do you feel depressed or hopeless?
- Do your pain medications interfere with your quality of life?
Ready for Relief? Saint Tereiza Physical Therapy & Rehab offers Anodyne® Therapy. Talk to your doctor, and obtain a referral to Saint Tereiza Physical Therapy & Rehab. Contact us for more information.
Anodyne® Therapy - What to Expect
What is Anodyne Therapy?
As part of your plan of care, you will be receiving treatment with an exciting technology, called Anodyne® Therapy. Anodyne® Therapy is an Infrared Light Therapy device that can be applied to any area of the body and is indicated for temporarily increasing circulation and reducing pain, stiffness and muscle spasm. Healthcare Providers that add Anodyne® Therapy to their treatment programs can better address the source of many types of acute and chronic pain, instead of just treating the symptoms.
What might you experience during treatment?
Typically, patients will receive treatments with an Anodyne® Therapy System in conjunction with a therapy plan of care. It is important not to discontinue your treatment plan until you are discharged or have spoken with your therapist. There are no known side effects of Anodyne® Therapy, however, please be aware of the following points:
- Patients normally feel a soothing warmth. If the Pads feel too warm, tell your Anodyne® Provider right away so the intensity can be adjusted.
- Your skin in the treatment area may be slightly pink after treatment. This is a sign of increased circulation and should disappear within a few hours. If this persists longer than a few hours, notify your Anodyne® Provider at your next session.
- You may feel some tingling or minor pain at first. Again, this is a sign of increased circulation. Your Anodyne® Provider can adjust their protocol. If these feelings do not go away within a few weeks, talk to your Anodyne® Provider.
- If you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugars regularly, as you are likely beginning a new exercise program. Please note, the use of Anodyne® Therapy alone does not cause hypoglycemia.
You may need a home system to STAY better.
If you experience relief with Anodyne® Therapy, and you have an acute injury or problem, more than likely, you will not require ongoing treatments. If you have a chronic condition causing your pain or circulatory problem, clinical treatment with Anodyne® Therapy will not be a cure, but rather a drug-free treatment for your condition.
Affordable Anodyne® home systems are available for continuing pain relief in the privacy and comfort of your home. The purchase of an Anodyne® home system is a lifetime investment in your ongoing health and wellness.
Anodyne® Therapy has helped thousands of people just like you.
"I am a 73-year-old female. I have suffered from foot and leg pain since the early '90s. I read about Anodyne Therapy in a newspaper column and checked the website. I received a doctor's prescription for the therapy for 10 weeks at a local provider. I took two or three treatments a week. After 9 sessions, I had eye surgery and backed off the treatments. Guess what - the Anodyne treatments had worked. I have been pain-free for 30 days and off all of my medications. I am so thankful to be relieved from all the burning stabbing pain."
- H. Griffin, Lincoln, NE
"I heard of Anodyne several years ago. I thought the claims for relief were, if not unfounded, certainly exaggerated. I went to the local physical therapy facility and had 3 treatments a week for four weeks. The relief was dramatic. The Anodyne Machine (Model 120) is a miracle and has made my life easy to live again. I use it every day."
- J. Goldfield, Slidell, LA
©2009 Anodyne Therapy, LLC. All rights reserved. AnodyneTherapy and MIRE are trademarks of Anodyne Therapy, LLC.
Download our brochures for more information:
Stop Living in Pain!
Say goodbye to painful, burning feet
Stinging pain in your feet?
Feet on fire?
Painful feet slowing you down?
Is chronic pain interfering
with your swing?
Don't be Sidelined by Pain!
Pain Relief Trusted by the Pros
Walking on Pins & Needles?
Is chronic pain keeping
you twisted up in knots?
Imagine your life without pain